This church was design by the Architect Raúl Chorão Ramalho, between 1957-58. This church only has one nave.
The church boosts magnificent hand painted tiles, designed by Querubim Lapa.
The temple still has some barroque decorative elements from the former Nossa Senhora de Guadalupe church. Some of the amazing Art Sacred paintings were designed by João Gomes Lemos, also known as "Melos". He was doctor of Porto da Cruz civil parish.