Quinta do Pomar is situated in the civil parish of Quinta Grande. It was built by Fernado José Correio Brandão Henriques de Noronha. Later on, this Quinta was acquired by Rev. Francisco Joaquim Gonçalves.
In 1883, a chapel was built in honor of Saint António.
For several years, this place worked as a primary school. In 1996, there was a conflagration which destructed the Quinta.